Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Just in case anyone's curious about my pineapple grove...


When I joined Twitter, like everybody else I was just an egg without a location.  But, I thought, should I put my real location?  What about the stalkers?  Hmmmm...  I wasn't too sure about that.  But, I had to put something.  And, I thought it had to be creative.  Something interesting enough to hopefully make people take a second look and follow me.

About that same time, I was visiting with my mom and dad.  We were having coffee in their super bright sunroom and she told me a story.  The area around their house flooded a while back and she started talking about one of the casualties.  It was her beloved potted pineapple plant that just washed away and has never been seen since.  She mentioned that she liked to think that her pineapple plant had taken root somewhere far away and had started a whole pineapple grove.  While she talked about it, she got such a radiant far-off look in her eyes and I could see the beautiful pineapple grove so vividly with the hot sun beating down.

So, I thought why not put my location as the pineapple grove on Twitter?  It may not be a real physical location but it is a very happy place in my mind.  It was created by my mother and I am happily drinking hot coffee and maybe eating chocolate with her there.  And, we are admiring all of her lovely pineapples growing everywhere wild and free.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place, the lovely Pineapple Grove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, you guys!! You're invited. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you like my totally random chocolate reference? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was impressed with how you slid that chocolate right in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the story, Judy! Loved it! When can the fans expect your next blog entry now? :-) Hope it won't take 2 months before your next one. :-) Take good care and have a beautiful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Thank you and you are very welcome. Casey, you'll be one of the first to know when the inspiration bug bites me again. ;-)I'm glad to know I have fans!! You also take care and have a GREAT evening!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Judy! I don't want to put any pressure or added stress on you...but you know how Justin Bieber has the Bieliebers, Clay Aiken has the Claymates and Hulk Hogan has the Hulkamaniacs...what are we (your fans) known as? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're very welcome and WOW, lol!! I somehow never expected to be compared to Justin with his Bieliebers!! They are REALLY serious!! I think my fans must speak for themselves. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, we're the Judiacs! ;-) You're a good soul, Judy. Glad I could give you a smile. Hope you continue updating your blog. Take good care and don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo, thanks!! I LIKE the sound of the Judiacs!! I really appreciate all of your support and treasure your friendship, Casey. And, everything that you said. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judester...look what I found. http://www.besmurfed.com/?mId=42394339.3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Casey!! Thanks!! Are you saying I could be Judester Smurf? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You could be anything you want, Judester! I was just paging through the new Batman comic book...and look what I found! http://www.batmancomic.info/gen/20120304064123_4f537f131d952.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo hoo!! Thanks, Casey!! LOVE it!! :D

    ReplyDelete